Monday, May 10, 2010

Trash or Treasure? You be the Judge!

3866424694_93a559300e_b

Saturday on my gardening adventure we traveled through French Lick Indiana…

3633355675_a2be626b99_b

There we spotted this very interesting store on the highway called “Fox Hollow Gallery”.

IMG_5628

Of course I wanted to turn around and go back…. I had to see what all this was.

IMG_5626

Garden scrap one might call it…. handmade things with found items mixed in….

IMG_5627

Everything from outhouses…. to old windows….to bed frames!

IMG_5625

But rare finds as well….. isn’t she lovely?  I would have liked to taken her home.

IMG_5629

Inside they had some really cute birdhouses made from old boots!

IMG_5630

Isn’t that clever? 

3882309667_6baf571992_b

I love it that people are starting more businesses like this around here.  I got a bunch of  creative ideas there  and it was a wonderful find in my book….. a treasure indeed!

100_1130

Fox Hollow Gallery

Address: 8820 St Rd 56, French Lick
Phone: 812-936-3110

 

Happy Gardening….Brooke

3 comments :

  1. I would go crazy in there. I love junk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That statue was definitely a treasure!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like Becca..I would go crazy in there as I love garden junk and I saw a lot of things I liked. I have a similar garden statue like that lady but she is so heavy, she hardly gets moved anywhere..but she's a beauty..it takes two of us strong people and she's still heavy. Same way with a bird bath we have, and it's all both of us can do to lift the top off the bird bath to empty rainwater out of it or to clean it. We bought both of them outside of Hershey, Pa. for half the price we would have bought them here in Md. So if any of you are visiting in the Hershey area, I highly recommend Pumpkin World farm market. They have lots of concrete statues, outdoor furniture and sheds. It's on Rt. 39 going toward Hanoverdale Cemetery area.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!