Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My garden today….

IMG_5691

Good Morning…. it is a blah day here in Indiana…. it has been very cool the last few days.

Siberian Iris and White Hearty Geraniums

IMG_5640

Not the best day to take pictures, but I have a bunch blooming and the time to do it today.

Coquette des Blanches Rose

IMG_5632

I just love this Dorothy Rose Columbine, it is the perfect shade of pink.

IMG_5633

  Here is the other side of my steps, you can see it fills in so nicely.

IMG_5683

The borders are getting bigger every day.  If the sun would stay out it would help.

IMG_5634

Don’t pay any attention to my garden hose being out…. oops!

IMG_5637

Some of these pictures are a bit dark, but I wanted to share them anyway.  Camelot Foxglove

IMG_5642

Unknown iris, but lovely colors…. and peony in the background.

IMG_5653

Love, love, love Sensation Rose Salvia.

IMG_5654

Pure white peony.

IMG_5659

Strawberry Foxglove

IMG_5660

Delphiniums

IMG_5669

The butterfly hill is starting to look pretty again.

IMG_5671

The knockouts are in full bloom.

IMG_5672

This pink primrose is taking over, but I still like it there.

IMG_5674

 

IMG_5676

Spirea, coneflowers and daylily will be blooming soon.  My butterfly bush is already really big, may be cutting it back this week.

IMG_5677

This bed is pretty with red blooms right now, this will be yellow, purple and orange later this summer.

IMG_5678

The lambs ear is ready to bloom soon too.

 

IMG_5682

My hydrangeas are all budded out, I am so happy they will bloom this year.  Last year the frost got them.

IMG_5686

The roses on this side are have buds…. by the weekend it should have more color.

IMG_5687

The wildflower bed has pretty yellow and blue blooms.

IMG_5688

In a few weeks it will be a huge sea of yellow from the coreopsis.

IMG_5631

A hanging basket my girls got me for Mother’s Day I put in a basket on the porch.

IMG_5656

The geese have been in the grass the past couple days… too many to count.

Thanks for visiting and Happy Gardening….Brooke

6 comments:

  1. Oh Brooke, it gets more beautiful everyday! Camelot is a great Foxglove isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like a look into our garden's not so distant future... thanks for sharing! Larry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks beautiful! A lovely, lovely garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your gardens..so nicely done..though I was wondering how on earth you keep them so orderly and clean, mine become chaotic..lol. Are your delphiniums already blooming? Oh jealousy! I love the wide open grass areas and the cute little birds near the pond. And...the way you have added the boulders within the beds. I wonder if you'd mind my borrowing your idea of the birdhouses along the porch railing? I just adore that idea. I found your blog by accident, but will certainly be back.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gardens are gorgeous, Brooke. What a beautiful setting to call home. In your first photo, the white geranium and iris--nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much to see here. I will have to return when I have more time. Love your site. And, your playlist.

    ReplyDelete

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!