Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother’s Day!

IMG_5506

Good Morning, and Happy Mother’s Day to everyone.  I was lucky enough to have breakfast made for my by these two beauties.  This was taken yesterday at the visitors center in Madison, IN.

IMG_5511

I just had to show you one of my favorites pictures of big sister.  I made her smell the peony and it turned out so pretty!

IMG_5575

We spent the whole day together, hubby, the girls and I…. looking at houses and gardens.  I can’t think of a better Mother’s Day than that!  Especially since we spent 5 hours in the car traveling too. 

IMG_5562

One of the Mother’s Day gift’s I am going to give myself…. is to make a couple of these!  Aren’t they adorable?  

IMG_5563

The lady glued them together and had them hanging from a tree…. beautiful!

IMG_5568

I thought I was in heaven that they had a farmers market with plants!  The only trouble is we walked it all yesterday and my truck was about 3 miles away!  By the time we we’re back I made hubby drive by again and it was over.  But what a wonderful thing to do on a Saturday morning!  

IMG_5569 

Hubby and the girls waiting on me to get done looking at plants!

IMG_5570

A closer look at the lovely fountain…. just beautiful, I love the color it has aged to.

IMG_5567

We did a bit of shopping and had a lovely lunch downtown.

IMG_5578

Many of the restaurants have outdoor seating….but it was only 55 degrees yesterday!  Burr!!

IMG_5579

I loved all the old planters scattered around downtown.

IMG_5624

And the signs telling all the history of the area….

So what is the plan for Mother’s Day?  Well I have already been fed thanks to the girls, now I just need to get out in the garden…. we have 3 new big trees to plant.  This evening my mom and dad are coming over.  I will be fixing grilled chicken and the fixings…. and probably bake a cake after while, all with the girls help…. of course! 

A nice relaxing day at home, well, excepts hubby has to help me dig three huge holes in the yard!!!!

Happy Mother’s Day Everyone…..Brooke

2 comments :

  1. That is my kind of Mother's Day celebration. Those peonies along the fence are breathtaking as is your lovely daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could just work a brick fence with a lovely iron gate into my surroundings, it would be a dream come true.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!