Thursday, April 29, 2010

Stop and Smell….

IMG_5351

The Lilacs!  I love this true pink one….it is James MacFarlane and I am pruning it to be a standard.

IMG_5352

They are beautiful right now….even if they are tiny!  I just planted them in my new garden area.  This is Miss Kim, a dwarf variety.

IMG_5356

And the honeysuckle is starting to bloom!  This is Goldflame, and it is beautiful growing up the steps to my deck.

IMG_5367

And my Old Fashioned Pink Wilgea… also called Bush Honeysuckle…. it has a light fragrance and lovely blooms.

IMG_5342

But the most delicious this morning is the Immortality Iris…. I was not expecting such a sweet fragrance from a reblooming iris.  I have heirloom irises that smell, but this new variety was very surprising.  I have it all down the pink roses side of my house, the area you can see from the road.  I hope it reblooms for me!

Okay, I have to get busy…. Happy Gardening Everyone…..Brooke

3 comments :

  1. A Garden Tour? That's sounds like a lot of pressure to me. Your gardens are just beautiful, I know you will be a huge hit! What type of name tags will you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think just index cards with a number on it, then a sheet with the names of the plants for each number. Then you can circle the ones you want to find out more about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilacs are difficult to grow here because our winters are not cold enough. I've always wanted to try one. They are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!