Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Arbor and Blooms

IMG_5246

This is the arbor I was talking about in my last post. 

IMG_5248

I was lucky enough to get if free from that home I got all the plants from Saturday.

IMG_5219

Here you can see how dirty and green it was, but I used bleach and it came right off.  Hubby helped me fix some loose legs and now it is very secure.  I have wanted an arbor for that spot for a long time.  I planted some Purple Cathedral Bells (or cup and saucer vine) there for them to grow up it.

IMG_5249

Okay now for the blooms…. The early irises are starting to bloom.  That is a sure sign of Spring for me, it is officially Garden Season and I am loving it.

IMG_5251

I have been waiting for them.  These are some of my favorites.

 IMG_5252

They are scattered along the front walk and will bloom for a couple weeks at least.

IMG_5260

The alliums are starting to open…. I just love this color!

 

IMG_5262

They look great with the Mountain Bluet…. which is loaded with buds.  The centers match in colors…. a happy accident.

IMG_5263

First rose of the season is always my Rugosa Rosas. 

IMG_5269

White Delphiniums are popping open.

IMG_5271

And Verbascums are such a pretty shade of purple and rich green leaves.

IMG_5303

Moss Verbena a great groundcover and easy to grow from seed.

IMG_5278

May Night Salvia is always lovely.

IMG_5276

But this steals the show….my chives and lupine that is ready to bloom.  I love chives and purple blooms…. lol… Can you tell?

IMG_5280

But pink has my heart…. and so does the Coral Bells….with strawberries blooming near.

IMG_5292

Last but not least…..  The best pink of the day!  My new dogwood we just planted still has a few pretty blooms.  I am so happy to finally have one!  I had been looking for one since last fall.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Gardening….Brooke

3 comments :

  1. Everything looks so pretty! I love the arbor and the placement. It will be charming when the vines grow over it. I had one just like it, but I painted it black and it finally rotted away a couple years ago and your post has reminded me that I need to replace it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your arbor and all of your beautiful bloomers.

    Enjoy ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have a lot of pretties coming up there. I love lavenders and purples - my fav color. Blooms are coming up everywhere. Gorgeous rose.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!