Thursday, April 15, 2010

Garden Blogger’s Bloom Day – April 2010

I can hardly believe it is the April Garden Blogger’s Bloom Day!  Thanks to Carol of May Dreams Garden for hosting this event every month.  Check out all the other gardens in bloom if you have a minute.

IMG_5133

I am so happy to show you some blooms from my own garden today! (Pasque Flowers)

IMG_5141

It seems my garden was slow to come back this season. (Lambs Ear, Stachys "’Hummelo’)

IMG_5145

And now things are blooming all at once. (Chives)

IMG_5151

I have put out a few annuals…..Blue-eyed daisy (Osteospermum)

IMG_5153

A new Mohawk Viburnum that smells wonderful….

IMG_5154

A new Flowering Almond….

IMG_5156

Love these little blooms….

IMG_5148

They go well with my Hearty Geraniums…. just starting to bloom.

IMG_5161

Bridal Wreath Spirea…. love this shrub!  It has bloomed for a long time this year.

IMG_5163

And my one and only bloom on a young Magnolia…. I love the color.

IMG_5164

The Mountain Bluets are ready to put on a big show this month.

IMG_5168

The Phlox looks good hugging the rocks….

IMG_5126

My new “baby” Japanese Maple…. I have wanted one for this spot for a long time.

IMG_5137

As you can see things are filling in…. love the vinca blooms and bleeding heart.  Irises are almost ready too.

IMG_5138 This is a pretty area at the beginning of my front walk.  (Grape Hyacinths, Lambs Ear, White Yarrow, Hostas, Pinky Winky Hydrangea and Irises)

IMG_5130

I have new Alliums planted with little buds popping up, can’t wait to see them bloom!

IMG_5140

And the coral bells are blooming too, this is not the best picture.

IMG_5144

Looks like we’ll have lots of Strawberries this year!

IMG_5170

If the bunnies don’t eat them…. they have been doing a number on my plants this spring!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Gardening…..Brooke

3 comments :

  1. Wow, your flower beds are looking awesome, with lovely blooms and such healthy looking foliage! We grow a lot of the same things. Your season is ahead of mine, so I was excited to see your viburnum in bloom. I just planted one last summer, and haven't seen it in bloom yet.

    It's spring! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, everything is looking wonderful and filling in so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello, your garden is very beautiful, lilies and roses, clematis .... peonies all a dream ...

    a question: wood you use is to prevent weeds grow? wood is?

    I always take weed is a job all season ....

    thank you very much

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!