Monday, April 5, 2010

Early April in my garden….

IMG_5061

Yes!! Finally some blooms to share with you!!

IMG_5028

My garden seems behind in blooming this year.

IMG_5024

But today it seems everything popped open at once.

IMG_5040

This is a pretty combination,  Mediterranean pink heather and Begonia 'Pig Squeak', Begonia cordifolia…. such a funny name for a cute plant!

IMG_5027

My tulips look a bit rough, the Easter Bunny ate all but 5 of them!  See how they are chewed up…..

IMG_5035

Old Fashioned Spirea….. So pretty.

IMG_5074

And look at all the shoots on my new clematis….with columbine at the base…. love them.

IMG_5059

A new blue spruce out by the road, it was one of our Christmas trees this year.  It had been in a large container since November, but doing good.

IMG_5057

The daylily and hostas are popping up, Scooby is in the background.

IMG_5032

This is my new potting bench hubby made me.  I love the bright green color!

IMG_5034

I am doing a new garden/play area under the deck, so these are the colors we are using.  Going to plant some bright blooms there for the summer!

I will have more pics to come….been working a bunch lately, both with my jobs and outside!

Happy Gardening….Brooke

 

Don’t forget we have a very active garden group on Facebook….

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Please-Join-Us/WebGarden/261885457648?ref=ts

4 comments :

  1. Hi Brooke~~ Kudos to hubby. What a fabulous potting bench. I love the plantings in front of the rocks. Apparently so does the Easter Bunny. :) I've got tulips just about to open in my rock garden out front. I'm hoping the deer stay away just long enough for me to enjoy them. I should probably get some of that repellent spray... I like the columbine foliage carpeting the base of the clematis. Very clever!

    BTW, please don't hate me, the consummate know it all. I'm at it again, however I thought you should know that you wrote "Begonia" but it's actually "Bergenia." One of my favorite plants too.

    Your blog is always such a treat. I look forward to seeing your new garden/play area. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am envious, inspired, fascinated by your beautiful garden and your wish list....I will be putting some of the same plants on my own wish list.
    Have you ever tried Abraham Darcy---David Austin rose? Smells gorgeous and does so well....plus its pink with tons of petals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the garden is always on time..it's time anyway...darling potting bench, good job husband!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things are looking great your way! You're probably a couple weeks ahead of us. I love your potting bench!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!