Monday, February 1, 2010

Gardening Online…Are You Keeping Up?

english-garden-blue-flowers

In my opinion, one of the best things about the internet is the photos and information sharing.  Of course, I love gardening and anything home design and decor. 

colourful-border

Garden blogs were a treasure when I stumbled across one.  I love to look in other backyards and see the beautiful things we do.

3206498474_2dec506348_b

I don’t have the time or the money to travel to expansive gardens and displays.

english-country-garden-trellis

But with a click of a mouse, I see gardens coast to coast to enjoy.

stone-steps-paving

But I have recently noticed that we have kicked it up a notch on the web.

biodiversity-garden-pond

So I am following suit I guess, and have added my blog to the facebook Networked Blogs application.

Logo

http://apps.facebook.com/blognetworks/blog/creative_country_moms_webgarden/

I found several friends there already.  I am a bit addicted to facebook anyway.  I have about 3 places I check every morning…. blogger, facebook and my email.

I know I will still check into blotanical from time to time…. but from playing with it over the weekend, I really like NetworkedBlogs.

Gardens-07

Don’t worry I am not changing the setup of my site, just adding another way to keep in touch. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image

WebGarden On Facebook

I love to see ideas, remember I am still posting garden sites and interesting tidbits on WebGarden.  We now have 22 members and growing everyday.  It is also on Facebook, but I don’t think you have to use facebook to get the posts…. you can just get emails posts by clicking here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

garden-statue-flowers-country-beauty-703035

The photos ones I collected from the web, a garden calendar I think.  They are so pretty, but these are not mine.

gardners_anonymous

So one last question….where are you hanging out online….or what direction are you taking with your blog?  Let me know, I want to add you to my feeds if I haven’t already!

Happy Gardening…and thanks for stopping by…..Brooke

6 comments :

  1. Hi Brooke, already I've been seeing more of you, probably because of your added online presence:-) It does get a bit 'addictive' though, don't you think? I've joined your garden group and will go on over to follow your blog through Networked Blogs...it is a pretty good system. The only thing is you need to be 'FB' friends with the person to see the updates. That's why I also made a fan page for FB (I think I mentioned that last time I was here?) so non-FB connections can become a 'fan' and if you set your feed to go through the fan page as well as your own profile page, those fans will get your live posts, as well. Fun times, eh?! Anyway, I thought those photos were from YOUR garden...until you set the record straight. They are awesome (not that yours isn't!)...but they certainly attracted my attention! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard myself say oooooooooo..when I saw your post. Absolutely gorgeous...I blog about my garden in season..right now I'm indoors themed but cant' wait to get back out there when the weather warms!

    Beautiful blog and post!

    Miss Bloomers/Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely photos that you found on the internet...drooliscious! I do not know much about any of the sites that you have mentioned...I just blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brooke~~ Your blog is eye candy extraordinaire! The layout is superb and these photos, ooh, la, la! I need to join GA to help curb my growing addiction. Cute cartoon. Blotanical and Blogger Reading List--which is where I've been checking in with you--keep me more than busy. I've avoided Facebook and Twitter like the plague. Once in awhile I have to actually get off my butt and acknowledge my life outside the box. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings from Lithuania:)
    I love roses, I love old roses, english roses:)
    I will frequent your garden: )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    Lucy
    http://dataentryjob-s.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!