Monday, January 4, 2010

The Red Room…..Christmas #3

Picture 019

This is in the dining room and as you can tell….I love red.

Picture 017 

Where the entry was cream and white, this room is more dramatic.

Picture 100

My chandelier over the table, I did not have a electric box in the ceiling, so I have one from Lowes and it is plugged in behind the china cabinet.  Ivy covers the cord, I really like it.  I spray painted it gold and added the beading to the shades and tons of hanging crystals and beads.  Before it was pink and white!  I like it antique gold.

 

Picture 115 Here is a better view, this was taken after the tree was down, the big tree would have been behind this shot.Picture 101

My centerpiece is a big sterling silver antique punch bowl I inherited from my MIL.  I love it!  It needs cleaned, but I kind of like the patina.  I have a huge serving tray as well.  When my girls get married I am set…lol…but dang I hope that is not for a long time! 

Picture 104

A sort of tradition at Christmas is to have candy bowls scattered around.  This year it worked out great, my aunt did the candy and we get to enjoy it.

Picture 054

I love this room at night.  I have welcome lights in all the windows pretty much all winter, and the red walls just glow.  It was a pretty big risk painting that room so dark, but honestly, I love it….and almost everyone comments about the colors.

More to come…..Brooke

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!