The Best Garden Themed Weekly Link Party, every Tuesday right here at Creative Country Mom's!
Co-Hosted with Michelle from Simplify Live Love, Jami from An Oregon CottageShelly from Frugal Family Home, and Tracie from Fishtail Cottage! Don't miss this huge event every week! We also have a new hashtag... #tuesdaygardenparty

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Garden bloggers bloom day….Lets Talk Roses!

IMG_3833

I finally remembered a bloom day on the actual day!

http://www.maydreamsgardens.com/

This is a monthly event hosted by May Dream Gardens….check out the link above for other beautiful blooms!  This happens every month on the 15th.

ScreenShot013

I have to comment about this picture from Better Homes and Gardens.  It has a lovely rose bloom….but read the text….”better resistance to common diseases….” and this rose clearly has black spot.  Oh my…. well it is not alone….

IMG_3841

Here is my Tamora Rose, another David Austin Rose and it is in sad shape.  I have sprayed it all summer and it still blooms….but it is looking really bad today.

IMG_3823

But not all look like that…this is Countytime.  I cut it back to 12 inches in June and removed all the leaves and mulch.  Now it looks really good, I missed a cycle of blooms….but that is fine with me.

IMG_3826

Painted Moon, I did the same with this one…now look at the shiny green leaves.

IMG_3831

The bright pink blooms of Rugosa Rosa…

IMG_3832

And the red rose hips are a favorite of the birds…..soon you will see them fighting over them right outside my windows.

IMG_3837

The Fairy floribunda rose…..I have over a dozen of these.  Very soft dainty blooms and killer thorns that have my legs constantly scratched from weeding next to them.

IMG_3830

The landscape roses in the butterfly garden are doing good too.  I bought them for $2 a piece last fall!  They came back just fine…I love a good bargain!

I will come back and click all the links to other gardens tonight after my girls go to bed….what a treat to see so many pretty things!

Come back and visit again soon.

 

BrookeKroegerPhoto

Happy Gardening….Brooke

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous roses! I enjoyed looking at each of them. The David Austin rose is beautiful. I had one of my roses got to black spot and I had to get rid of it two years ago. It was one of my favorites and so I was sad to see it go. Thanks for your tour. BTW, your blog header looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your roses are just outstanding! I never remember bloom day! I am so glad I popped in to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, I just visited your lovely blog. Wow.. you truly have a nice collection of roses (minus the thorns)
    Hope you have the time to smell the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful roses.. The yellow one is especially pretty. Do they smell as lovely?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a lovely garden! I just love your blog banner. It's so cute and I adore flowers. And to live out in the country like that! It must be quiet. I live in a garden home and they're building a two-story bank across the street!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your roses look so beautiful and healthy! I guess there's a lesson there not to be afraid to prune! Just checked out your last post,too--your garden is looking lovely and full of blooms for September.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your slideshow dealy. You have a lovely property. Your roses are pretty. I often think people should hire me to evaluate their commercials before running them so I could tell them flaws I see they've missed or not thought of before they get to the public. It looks like you should've been hired to evaluate the rose ad. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the 'Painted Moon'!! It reminds me of my 'Disneyland.' I really like pink and yellow in various shades in combination on a rose bloom. You've got some beautiful roses, Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your roses are just beautiful.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...