Monday, September 7, 2009

Buying Seed In Bulk On EBay…Great Deals!

646197_f260

I am just crazy about seeds!  And I know several of you are too.  So I wanted to let you know…..I am buying mine now on eBay…. and getting terrific deals! 

646196_f260

Here are two of my favorite stores.  I have bought from both and been very pleased…and they have excellent prices and tons of seed in the package….like 20 times what you get in the stores.

Climbers

********************************************

GroCo Seeds….I have ordered from them 2 years in a row.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/grocoseeds__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Betty Jeans Garden or “Zanna1”

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Betty-Jeannes-Garden__W0QQ_armrsZ1

***********************************************

Snapdragon

And this last one is for Hollyhock seed…..these are usually very expensive for some reason….but this auction is reasonable and the seed looks very good.  I have mine already….and have had very good luck growing hh’s from seed, most bloomed within 4 mths and are soooooo pretty.  It is 100 seeds for $3.00 (includes shipping).

image

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-Old-Fashioned-Hollyhock-seeds_W0QQitemZ160356864176QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item25560390b0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I don’t know any of these people….I just like a good deal and have really found the best one’s on eBay.  This is some of what I bought for next year.

This is what they will look like when you get them….

IMG_3774

And here are some more of the ones I bought….

IMG_3777 

As you can see, they are clearly marked and have info on the bags.  Look how much seed that is for 77 cents!

indian blanket, DROUGHT RESISTANT, 630 SEEDS! GroCo 

$.77

sunflower, AUTUMN BEAUTY MIX, 110 seeds! GroCo

image

$.87

Morning Glory Grandpa Ott Electric Purple 100 seeds!

image

$1

Rocket Larkspur Delphinium Mix Blue Pink 300 seeds! Z

image

$1

Tricolor Painted Daisy Chrysanthemum 240 seeds! ZANNA

image

$1

Catchfly Silene None so Pretty 20,000 seeds bulk! ZANNA

image

$1

Foxglove Digitalis Purpurea 16,000 seeds bulk! ZANNA

image

$1

Rose Mallow Lavatera Trimestris 600 seeds BULK! ZANNA

image

$1

Cinquefoil Potentilla Miss Wilmott 200 seeds+FREE SEED

image

$.79

Zinnia Purple Prince 200 seed blooms in 7-9 weeks+FREE!

image

$.79

Cleome Spider Flower White Queen 100 seeds bulk+FREE!

image

$.79

sage, BLUE, Salvia farinacea, 300 SEEDS! GroCo

$.97

nicotiana, FLOWERING TOBACCO, 1000 SEEDS! GroCo

$.97

verbena, moss, ATTRACTS BUTTERFLIES, 860 SEEDS! GroCo

image

$.97

rockcress, PURPLE, perennial, 385 SEEDS! GroCo

$.77

salvia, PALISADE, PINK BLUE WHITE ,1050 seeds! GroCo

$.87

hollyhock, INDIAN SPRING MIX, 110 SEEDS! GroCo

$.77

daisy, PAINTED, TRICOLOR tri color, 240 seeds! GroCo

image

$1.37

cleome, ROSE QUEEN, SPIDER FLOWER, 935 SEEDS! GroCo

image

$.97

zinnia, CALIFORNIA GIANT, dahlia mix, 263 seeds! GroCo

image

$.77

Dwarf Salvia Mealy Sage Victoria Blue 50 seeds! ZANNA

$1

Veronica Spicata Blue SUPER DWARF 75 seeds Bulk! ZANNA

image

$1

Clarkia Mountain Garland Blooms all summer 3300 seeds!

image

$1

 

Shipping is around $2.00 for each order, and mine come in less than a week.

They combine shipping….ask for a total when you are done with your order, but mine was done automatically….I had no problems with that.

Again….I am not selling these, but dang….what a deal!

I wish I had not paid so much for the little tiny seed packages last spring at the stores, but you live and learn I guess….

~Brooke~

1 comment :

  1. I love the color red for roses! Must come from my Nebraska roots--Go Big Red! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!