Tuesday, September 15, 2009

100th Post….and planning for NEXT YEAR!

IMG_3852

Welcome Friends and Neighbors!

Thanks for joining me again….for my 100th post!

Wow….how did that happen so fast?

IMG_3849

However the time has flown it sure has been fun getting to know everyone and sharing our gardens.

IMG_3848

My front garden is slowly looking like fall.

IMG_3853

The bright blooms are now just shades of green….but I enjoy this stage too.

IMG_3851

I do still have blooms…but they are starting to fade down too.

Which makes me think about NEXT YEAR!

279933988_5b8969ad85_o

So far I haven’t subbed at school at all this week. I have a bad head cold and really congested. I hate it because it is so pretty outside and I have been hanging too close to the couch! I did plant a new area of foxglove seed today. I’ll keep my fingers crossed it comes up enough to bloom next summer.

3493560911_6c44a67b87_b

I have been doing a bunch of surfing on the net for ideas and have even been writing in my garden journal… yes, I am that much of a gardening dork! But I forget when and where I plant seeds.

ScreenShot014

I have several things about an inch tall coming up…such fun to watch them grow! Hollyhocks are super easy from seed, but I have some veronicas starts too, I so hope they make it! This is a photo from the net, but the hollyhocks are some I have planted for my garden.

Picture 454

This is also a good time to plant your poppy seed. I did several last year and haven’t bought any to reseed yet….hoping they will come back on their own. I already have a second bunch of candytuft blooming again and the catchfly should reseed too. It was so pretty in this picture from June.

catchfly (have seed)

Here is another picture of catchfly….it think it is a pretty shade of pink and a good “filler” plant.

Giant Imperial Lsrkspur

Larkspur is another must have for next year. I hope mine reseeded, but I have more seed bought.

hummelo lambs ear new

Hummelo lamb’s ear is new for me, I have three new plants of this. I love regular lamb’s ear, but this is very different.

Hyacinth bean 01

Hyacinth Bean is definitely coming back in MANY new places next year. This photo is from the net, but mine did really well too. I wanted to show you how pretty it was with the yellow next to it.

57127883_89b5e4ab03_b

White Guara and…..

IMG_3838

Sensation Rose Salvia are two more of my top do’ers this year. I will add more next year of these two…..love them. (Picture from today)

IMG_3845

These little zinnias have been so bright and cheery this year. I bought them for $1.25 a piece and almost did not get them because I usually grow zinnia from seed, but I am so glad I did. They never got over about 12 inches tall, and have bloomed all summer.

IMG_3846

I have truly enjoyed the wildflower garden out by the road. I bought more pained daisy seed to add here…. the hot colors are so different from my other beds. But wow, are they pretty.

IMG_3844

I know I have talked about this one before, but if you see any Wood’s Purple Asters marked down this month, buy them….. they are sooooo pretty and bloom right when they are suppose to. I pinched mine back in early June and it is about 14 inches tall.

IMG_3835

A hollyhock from today, I think the veining is so pretty. These are blooming later because I started them from seed late. It is fun to see what colors they are.

Something else I came across today is this sweet slideshow of cottage gardens…..click here . These are pretty enough to be in a calendar, such colors and lovely plantings. I have been searching online for information on some seeds I bought and you just never know what you will find. I love cottages and dream of these lovely gardens….don’t you?

Okay, I need to fix supper for two pretty girls. They are starving when they get home from school. Thanks for taking time out of your busy lives to chat with me for a bit. I thank you for your nice comments and am so glad I decided to do this “web garden” thing….lol.

BrookeKroegerPhoto

Happy Gardening…..Brooke

5 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary, Brooke! Your 100th post is bright and cheerfull! I like your choice of plants for the next year. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cottage gardens. I've thought about planting one next year and have been studying up on it. Love the picture with your hollyhocks and climbing roses in the background! Stunning. Congrats on your 100th post! You're right, it does go quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. first congrats on 100 posts...and you chose the right one to share the beautiful scene in your garden!!! Oh girl...I wish I could see this garden in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 100th Post.
    Its an achievement to come to that place in writing and loading 100 post.

    What a wonderful garden you have, I had fall head over heels over those beautiful lushful flowers and plants. Wished I have a garden like yours!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your 100th post. I love those larkspurs! You should have some come up in the spring.

    ReplyDelete

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...