Monday, August 3, 2009

Butterflies love me…..

Picture 031

 

Because I sit on this bench and enjoy the butterfly bushes I planted.

This is my one and only from last year.  I so enjoyed all the visitors, that I went crazy and planted 7 more this spring.

Picture 032

I know some think they are a weed… but isn’t everything in my garden?  :)

Picture 037

It looks so pretty against the green grass, water and sky.

Picture 019

There is a pink one down at the fire pit I love….

Picture 020

But this one is my favorite…. is it Black Knight… I think it is….

Picture 011

They go well with the altheas that are blooming….

Picture 010

Everything here is late summer blooming into fall in shades of pinks.

Picture 018

Most all of the shrubs are one year old, and tiny when I bought them.

Picture 013

But as you can see…. they are growing quickly.

It is so hard to get all of this in one shot… but it is butterfly heaven.

You can just sit on a rock and watch the show!

Happy Gardening…..Brooke

2 comments :

  1. I saw a monarch earlier but that is the first butterfly I've seen in days. I guess they are all at your house.

    I have one butterfly bush. I'd like to have the 'Black Knight' too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I covet your big rocks. It would be delightful to have a rock large enough to sit on.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!