Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What makes a “Country” Garden?

 

image

I love all gardens, but a messy country garden is enchanting to me.

image

Too much structure would drive me crazy after a bit.

image

I love the idea that Mother Nature helps me plant…so things end up where they may.

image

I love that they can quickly look like they have been there for years.

image

And self sew into lovely drifts.

image

Even if they are just a few years old.

image

Is it the style of the house?

image

Or the plants used?

image

I do not know, but I dearly love….

image

Every one I see….

image

I become more inspired.

398574002gPREFP_fs

To do more to my garden…

IMG_2773

And to add more things…. like this….

gt_1IMG_4644

And this…. to my to do list.

image

Okay, maybe not this one…..lol!

If one of your pics is in this bunch, it is because I loved it and had it in my ideas folder.  All of these shots we’re from the web, not from my garden.  I just get inspired by seeing these lovely things, and hope you enjoy them too.

BlueBrooke

9 comments :

  1. And all those gardens are awesome. Glad you found them and shared them. They gave me many ideas-love the scarecrow and maybe the bra planter too. Most creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria (Victoria's Backyard) just covered a garden show in England and it had a row of bras just like this one. Kind of bizarre, but I guess that's the point! At first I thought all of these were from your yard. I was drooling! I wish I had these types of pics right in my own yard, too! Yours is gorgeous and anything more that you add is just icing on the cake:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post with great pictures! I love country/cottage gardens too. I couldn't handle a well manicured formal type. I like how they look, but they aren't me. I like the look of something that's been around for a very long time with lots of memories in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great inspiration! I agree I don't like really neat and formal gardens either. Country and cottage gardens are so creative and allow you to express yourself in so many ways. Nice post! -Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have four kids behind me playing wii and the bra container sprung very loud laughter when I said, LOOK AT THIS! I love all of these gardens. It just makes me go hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good old country garden. I used to love my Grandmothers garden so many places to see and hide. This is such a nice garden I would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous pictures. Oh how they inspire me. I would love to have my garden looking that great. That bra planter was too funny lol. What a creative idea but probably wouldn't work for my garden. I love it.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So wonderful! Thank you.

    And I just might be brave enough to do the bra planter ... if I can find someone with a hot pink bra they want to turf!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!