Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Spring Flush Of Roses.......



....is always the best. This is "Tamora" by David Austin.



Here is the entire bush. I am going to try and not just have close-ups. I like to see other shots on blogs so I can see the sizes and shapes of plants..... Don't you?



This is an "Iceburg". I have several of these. Nearly thornless, and oh my....such a bloomer!



"Painted Moon" I have posted this bush before from away, it is such a neat color, coral-orange-yellow tones. The foliage is the prettiest of all my roses. I can't get a good shot of this rose, but in person it is so interesting.



"Welcome Home" Rose, I could take a picture of this one every day. It just always has a near prefect bloom on it.



Here it is in the bed. Wow, I wish they all looked like this. But they don't. I have 3 that have not leafed out yet. I think they may need replaced. We had a hard winter and strong winds... I have about 6 different kinds with buds nearly open. Three are new, so I am excited to see them.



Here you can see my hill I call the "butterfly garden". I have "Nearly Wild" roses (the pink) and a knock out in bloom. But it is all just about a week or two from blooming. I just can't wait for the butterflies to come back. I have seen 3 so far this year, and I have a stray hummingbird or two, but just wait a few weeks and they will be everywhere (I hope!)

I am finally back to work! I can drive again! My eye is still a bit blurry, but the meds are working. I was happy to be back to school today. I work every day the rest of the week now....lol! Break's over!

I have more pics I will post in a bit.

Have a great night, Brooke

My Photo


1 comment:

  1. You have such pretty roses! Isn't 'Iceberg' about the easiest rose ever? I wish I could find one that easy in pink and yellow. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!