Thursday, May 14, 2009

Scenes From The Farm This Evening....and a note



The sun was setting pretty today, so I took a few pics a minute ago.



The hostas and ferns are really filling in around the fountain. I have foxglove and delphinium's ready to bloom there too. *sighs*



"Dorothy Rose" Columbine and "wine and roses" weigela still looking good.



This is the other side of my porch steps, notice hubby used rocks as the steps. I love this, I'm so glad we did it. I have sedum and columbines growing in the cracks.



"Countrytime" Rose in full bloom, it is loaded and so bright and pretty. Great fragrance too. This one will get 4 feet or higher this summer.

We had pretty good news from the eye doctor. Well, sort of, I have some sort of a viral infection from my contact use. He called it Keratitis and it will never disappear, but with some steroid eye drops, he hopes the blurred vision will let up. It feels like I am looking through a iced over window in my left eye. So I have my drops, still no work or driving. I go back in 2 weeks, it is almost a 3 hour drive each way. But hopefully it will be better and then my regular Dr can see me. Anyway, it is a big pain in the rear....but at least it sounds better than some of the other things they thought it could be. They told me any time my immune system flares up, the virus can too, and I will need to use the drops again. But drops is better than surgery, so I am relieved.

Tomorrow is a big day, it is the Garden Club Flower Sale! Mom is coming to get me as soon as the girls get on the bus. I can't wait. I will take my camera. It is like a yard sale with flowers! I also love talking garden with all the gals. I look forward to it all year.

Hugs to all, and thanks for the comments. I have not been on the computer too much, and my one eyed typing is a bit slow. But I love to hear from you.



6 comments:

  1. Your flowers look beautiful. I love that columbine, the ruffled ones are so pretty.
    I'm glad you learned what you can do to help your eye. I'm sure it must get frustrating when it affects your vision. Hope the drops help the symptoms.
    Have fun at the flower sale, can't wait to see what you buy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your front beds are so pretty Brooke. I really like them.

    Glad to hear you don't have to have surgery on your eye. Hopefully it will clear up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brooke- Glad your eye will be ok. Your beds look beautuful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Brook, glad you found out what was causing the eye trouble. Wish we had more plant sales around here. Went to one last weekend but nothing very interesting.

    Your plants are looking great. You are a couple weeks ahead of me, my roses are only a few inches tall after last winter's damage.

    Have fun at your plant sale.
    Marnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your eye gets better soon. I can imagine how annoying it must be to have blurred vision. your garden is spectacular.
    By the way, I have been meaning to mention, your header and page is awesome with the lace, flowers and hummingbird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your entire front garden is gorgeous! Those Dorothy Rose columbine is lovely...I must keep that one in mind;-) Your whole garden is lush and leafy! And the blooms are wonderful...I know it will keep you cheered up!!

    ReplyDelete

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!