I am happy to announce I will be hosting a two week event here at Creative Country Mom's! I will have over 30 holiday decorated blogger home tours and a two week Christmas themed link party!
Christmas in the Country Link Party and Home Tour 2014 at Creative Country Mom.com
Add the button to your posts and link them to www.creativecountrymom.com!

Christmas in the Country Link Party is OPEN!

Ready, set... Ho, Ho, Ho! Our holiday link up party is OPEN! Add your links HERE! Don't blog? That's okay, enjoy all the WONDERFUL HOLIDAY SHARES~ Can't wait to see what's NEW! Come back often...xxx...Brooke

Friday, May 15, 2009

Pic's From The Garden Club Sale!



This is not from the garden club sale...lol. But I did find it "on sale!" It is Coquette des Blanches a vintage rose, and it was in a bag for $4.00! I thought is was the same as another rose I had, but it is larger bloomed, and from the pics on the net (like to one above) it's lovely! I'm happy and I don't feel bad trying it for $4.00! (Honestly, I have some lovely roses that we're bag roses in my border, and very few could tell any difference!)

Okay, lets get to the sale!



It was not raining this morning! I am so relieved, and they had a really good turn out. I was there at 8 am of course! This is my favorite area the perennials and herbs!



These are all iris and daylillys....



There was several hostas, lilyturf, ferns and even bamboo (No, I did not get any, but my Mom did!).....ect out under the trees.



More in the garage, lots of ground covers here and natives.



This is the house they have it at. She is friends with my aunt and just a walking book on plants. I love this border up her driveway.



The other direction and all the peony in bloom. I have gotten some of mine from her. I love the dark pink one. Her columbines are so pretty too. She has something blooming here all summer long, and you see it from the highway. I just about wreck every time I go by, lol....




This is one I bought today, it was simply labeled "Magenta Iris" and it was $1.00!



Here is all my loot, laid out after mom brought me back home. No, still not driving! But as you can see, I made a haul! The big bucket was just labeled "pink rose" and I asked about it and was told, "it is over 50 years old and was a cutting poked in the ground, so it is an own root. All they knew is it is pink and it was dug up from an old house that was being redone" It is healthy and big, and only $3.00, so I am excited to see what it does!

Other than that, I got these things....
-Dead Nettle (Purple Lanium) 50 cents
-Purple Laitris (Blazing Star) 25 cents
-Hearty Verbena $1.00
-big clump of Sage in bloom $1.50
-Purple Japanese Iris $2.00
-Pink and Yellow Coreopsis $1.00 each
-Big clump of Chives in bloom $1.00
-tobacco plant $1.00
-several purple coneflower starts 25 cents each
-two bearded iris $1.00 each

So all together I gave them $20 and wow, I am so happy with my goodies. Even with the prices low, they make a good profit for the group. I think they have done this over 10 years in a row, and have about 20 gardeners donating plants.

Girls, I cannot thank you enough for your time and energy. I look so forward to the sale, and enjoy the plants so much.

Okay, I am typed out! Have a great weekend!


12 comments:

  1. Hi Brooke, good grief, what bargains! The own root rose will be wonderful, how large it is already. Echinacea for a quarter, well anything for a quarter is a steal. I would have bought the lot! Like most things, they look best planted en masse! At that price, instant drifts! HA
    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds, Brooke! I went to the Master Garden sale last weekend and the prices were way more expensive that your sale but it's a good cause and I came home with some great stuff, too! Your garden is lush and full of color..I love all your plantings. Enjoy the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing plant sale! I'd love to run across a sale like that!

    I've heard that those eye infections can be bad, bless your heart. I hope that you recover quickly so that you can enjoy the surrounding beauty with full crisp vision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke, There certainly were some wonderful plants at the sale. I know I would have come home with a car full.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke, There certainly were some wonderful plants at the sale. I know I would have come home with a car full.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a lot of fun. I've never been to a plant sale with so many great choices. Have fun planting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Brooke! What a bargain! I'm glad that those ladies had a good plant sale and you got some nice plants. I also got something from this sale - I absolutely enjoyed the peony border image! What a treat! Thank you and my compliments to your aunt's friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brooke, you had a wonderful time and came away with a lot of great finds...and didn't have to spend much! I love plant sales; I love plants--any way I can get them! I hope you are feeling much better by now;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the plant sale....I have peony envy. If you want tosee what's happening out west check out my blog at http://poppyandsage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a place I want to be..and what great prices. I love buying plants at neighborhood plant sales. I have always had such good luck with the plants, plus it's special knowing they came from someone's yard and not a nursery. That first picture of the rose is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a loot you got, good on you. I'm sure you'll have a good time "playing" with them now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to attend something like that! Great buys for next to nothing for years of pleasure!!

    ReplyDelete

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!

Popular Posts