I am happy to announce I will be hosting a two week event here at Creative Country Mom's! I will have over 30 holiday decorated blogger home tours and a two week Christmas themed link party!
Christmas in the Country Link Party and Home Tour 2014 at Creative Country Mom.com
Add the button to your posts and link them to www.creativecountrymom.com!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Little by little....things are looking bright!



Isn't this pretty. It is one of the annuals I picked up last week.



But here is one I grew from seed! Yeah! It is the first of the sweet alyssum to bloom. It is under some rose bushes and will be a pretty filler. All of my little seedling starts are getting bigger. This is the first year I have messed with it and I have enjoyed seeing things pop up.



Speaking of popping up, look at the size of this iris. I do not know the name, but it is HUGE!



It is so pretty and a bit "flatter" on top than my other iris. I got them for free, and wow, are they putting on a show. Maybe a Siberian? I don't know, but it looks very different from the others.



This is just a few of them, but you see they are everywhere and still more to bloom. I love it that you can finally see something from the road when you drive by.



Another of the annuals, a double petunia. I love this color.



Some Evening Stock, I think I bought 24 of these in pinks, wine and this purple. Another annual, but hoping it might reseed?



I love this flower. Sensation-Rose Salvia, it is a long bloomer in my garden.



You can see my hostas are coming back nicely. I have tons of them. I bought some from one of the nursery catalogs labeled "Handful of Hostas" and they had the prettiest blooms last year. They we're pure white, larger then any bloom I have ever seen on a hosta and had a light sweet smell. I will take pics when they bloom.



Some of my variegated vinca in the butterfly garden is blooming. I didn't even know variegated bloomed. It is very light blue and you have to look close to see them. But it is cute and now I know to look for it.



As you can see, I won't be getting the hoses out this week. It has poured the last 2 days and it keeps on coming. I know the plants appreciate it, but not much is getting done outside. Maybe I will finally get the laundry caught up?

Photobucket

Popular Posts