The Best Garden Themed Weekly Link Party, every Tuesday right here at Creative Country Mom's!
Co-Hosted with Michelle from Simplify Live Love, Jami from An Oregon CottageShelly from Frugal Family Home, and Tracie from Fishtail Cottage! Don't miss this huge event every week! We also have a new hashtag... #tuesdaygardenparty

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Front porch ideas!

Fall is offically here and I wanted to show you a bit of what I have going on.
The front borders certainly look like the season.


I leave my spent hydrangea blooms on the shrubs for interest.
And scatter a few orange leaves....
And pumpkins.....
Grapevine with orange lights...

And a silly metal Jack-o-Lantern.


Click to view full size
Click to view full size

Oh, big news.... if you click on the last picture here....
You can see that Bella kitty is almost ready to have her kittens! 

(Updated 9/24/2011 from original post on March 29, 2009)

5 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful entry. I love welcoming porches as well. Do you read Southern Living Magazine? They always have the porches I am super jealous of. Your front landscaping is wonderful.

    Happy Spring and I look forward to watching that front landscaping of yours grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brooke- your ideas are beautiful. Your post is something I needed to get more inspired about my own porch. It is 20 x 5.5 ft and that isn't deep enough to do much with. Maybe some cute rockers and nice plantings in pots. I would kill for your porch.
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue and yellow room. It looks so fresh and inviting. I have a small front porch, just big enough for two white rockers, a small table in between them and a few containers for plants. I got both rockers a a garage sale for $15 and spray painted them white. I love bargains!

    I love the looks of a beautifully decorated front porch. Flowers are usually what I decorate with, but I'd love to do more. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    As for the Indy Flower and Patio show, honestly, this year was a big disappointment. They had scaled back pretty significantly, probably due to the economy. Hopefully next year will be better. It would definitely be fun to meet up there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brooke,
    My name is Becky and I saw that you visit Aiken Gardens. What drew me to your blog is that I grew up in Indiana. Yorktown. Seeing your blog and your taste I will be back to visit.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi good day ! nice post you have . about this decors .they are beautiful . this decoration add attraction to our home . it depends only on how you put it or the arrangement in order to fit it in your interiors and theme . like me i have some home and garden decors which i contrast with my garden accessories and windspinners and they blend perfectly . lovely set up !

    ReplyDelete

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...