Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Favorite Flowers..... Larkspur




Tonight I thought I would talk about another favorite flower.



Okay, I love the country-cottage look. If you have seen this site at all, you can figure that out. So it is no surprise that I love larkspur (Delphinium consolida).



I must admit, I am a bit new to this flower. I saw it in a friends border last summer and just had to have some. Hers was a shorter purple-blue variety. I have a bit of that (maybe a bunch if it seeded last fall) and I also planted the "Giant Imperial Mix" for this year.



As you can see, it is a tall one. I have it near the back of the border next to the house in full sun.




I think the blue is so pretty, but I have my eye out for pink too.





So if my seed mix has pink, I will sort them out for another bed.



And it can easily be dried. I have not tried it myself, but I may this fall.



Aaaahhhhh, sweet anticipation!

Happy Gardening....Brooke

3 comments:

  1. I love larkspur too. I have some started and hope I have some luck with it this year. Yours looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one larkspur plant last year and I see it seeded itself a little! There is hope! it's a pretty flower and looks great in your garden! My one little plant did not look that good! gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too and your photos are so inspiring. I'm in a new home this year with very scant gardens. These pictures remind me that I need to get busy and make sure all my favorites are planted this year. They are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!