Sunday, February 8, 2009

Finally, the snow has melted! Is it spring yet?



This was the scene in my garden about a week ago. School was canceled for six days due to about 8 inches of snow and ice. But now it is up in the 50's and we are left with a muddy mess. But of course I had to go out and look around. I'm looking for ANY sign if spring, and I actually found one. I have a sedum that had new looking eyes popping up through the cold. Amazing that through the cold and snow my little plants are growing. I can't wait for my mediterranean pink heather to bloom. It is the first sign of spring and it blooms in early March. Here is a picture I found on the web...not from my garden, but wanted you to see one.



It is an excellent evergreen and low growing lovely mat of deep green. I have mine between two rocks and you can see it looking down from the living room window. Mine has tiny little buds that look brown right now, but in a few week will bloom a lovely purple-pink.

Hurry up SPRING!

(I simply cannot wait) Happy gardening!!

-Brooke

1 comment :

  1. You have a beautiful home and garden.I also love the view of the lakeand the warm and cozy colors you choose in your home.Thank you for visiting me and leaving a nice comment.
    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!